Location: Western, U.S.A.
Annual Compensation Plan: $255,000
- The General Counsel is responsible for the Company’s compliance, regulatory and legislative activities in the United States and Canada, ensuring company practices and products are in compliance with applicable state and federal laws/regulations.
- You should have an unquestioned expertise in the area of insurance contract law, vendor license agreements, regulatory matters, insurance litigation management and broad understanding of the critical issues in other related areas such as insurance operations or corporate business functions – preferably within the automotive industry.
- THIS MEANS: In addition to the required legal expertise, you must have an executive-level expertise of the insurance industry, its products and services.
- You MUST HAVE a Bachelor’s degree with JD and a license to practice law in at least one jurisdiction. Master’s preferred in a related discipline, in addition to a minimum of 10 years of legal work and management experience in the insurance industry.
- Experience managing other attorneys and supervising support staff in a corporation is required as well as experience with cost effective management of outside legal resources.
- Relocation: Yes.